Sunday, August 26, 2012

Wow...what a difference a few weeks make!

So, again, it has been a while! While I still face some day to day issues, they are relatively minor and mostly fatigue related. Just still at a slower pace than I used to be, but my muscle issues are much better thanks to physical therapy and rest. I definitely have some limitations, but I can see a difference from a month ago, and I am thankful! Now the trick will be to continue to pace myself wisely...more surgery coming up in September (removing port, reconstruction, and a hernia repair!) so that will set me back a bit, but it is not nearly as all-consuming as last year's!

And we have joyful news that many of you already know...Megan is engaged! We love Ben and are having a great time planning a December 2012 wedding - yes, THIS December! She already had so much thought through, that it has been pretty easy so far. And FUN!  So now our fall will be packed with field hockey, football trips, and wedding plans! Like I said, I will need to continue to pace myself, but will take each step with God's grace and wisdom.

A song by Mandissa that I have enjoyed:

THESE DAYS

I never liked mondays or bad news
Or breaking in new shoes
And mornings when I can't find my phone

Nobody likes traffic or short nights
Or sit-ups or long flights
But sometimes that's just the way it goes

It's funny what you use to help me grow

(Chorus)
So I'll learn to love these days
Life along the way, in the middle of the crazy
God, your love is so amazing

Through the ups and downs
Your the only hope I've found
Lord you meet me in the madness
So I'll learn to love these days

I can see silver lining
When the sun's not shining
Even when you choose to bring the rain

Oh, but there's freedom believing
And trusting your leading
Cause you're Lord of all my joy and all my pain

I could waste a hundred years You gave me here
The days when you were near
The days when I was out there
Looking for what comes next

Cause every minute, 
Every hour
Everyday is such a gift
And I'm content
I'm thankful for each breath



It's obviously a very light-hearted and fun song, but I am sure you can see why I enjoy some of the words.  So much more aware of many little things these days...

Thankful thoughts:

  • Air conditioning! So not able to tolerate heat this summer!
  • The upcoming wedding - they are seeking to glorify the Lord in it and make it fun, simple and wonderful. What more could we hope for!
  • Summer flowers, struggling in the heat, and some that thrive in it!
  • Ice cold lemonade - and some that they make sugar-free!
  • Having eyelashes back, and better than they used to be.  :)

Have a wonderful day!
Andi









No comments:

Post a Comment